Trainee Plastic Fabricator – JOB DESCRIPTION
Our plastic fabricators work within a small team at our workshop in Wye, near Ashford to manufacture plastic products for various industriesworking with a range of pipe and sheet materials to create chemical tanks, pressure pipe work systems and other bespoke itemssome,requiring fibre glassing.
Full training will be provided for the plastic welding equipment, techniques, and processes. Our Plastic Fabricators use hand held tools and plastic welding techniques to build bespoke items and low volume structures including fume extract ducting which sometimes involves going to site to install.
The role would suit someone who shines at manual work and has a pride in what they achieve. The company is looking to expand into other exciting industries, so this role is what you make it.
To apply for this role please email us your CV or your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interpreting drawings
- Performing butt and extrusion welding techniques
- Identifying stock replenishment requirements
- Working at a bench with a variety of tools including welding guns
- Working with a CNC router.
- Packing items fabricated in the correct way
- Producing delivery notes and ensuring all relevant paperwork has been thoroughly checked.
- Some official training will be required (All training costs will be covered by Stepart Plastics)
- Some site work, often at height is required, various training courses will be necessary to ensure all regulations are adhered.
- Keeping workshop tidy& some heavy lifting is part of the role when making large items.
- Experience using hand-held tools
- A good standard of education& hard working
- Reliable, a positive ‘can do’ attitude, enthusiasm, being a quick learner & punctual
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- A thirst to improve and expand skills/knowledge across the business
- Pride in work, a desire to produce items of the best calibre
- Professional attitude especially around clients
- To work together to get the job done, by covering overtime if necessary to ensure work is produced on-time.
- Adhering to rules and regulations (health and safety etc), especially on-site.
- Identifies jobs that need doing and gets on with them!
- Be able to work without the use of their mobile phone
- Experience within an engineering background
- Problem solving skills
- CAD experience
- Good Mathematical mindset. Some calculations are required having a good understanding will assist the right candidate, however, we can provide supervision, it’s the ability to remember that’s important.
- Salary £16k-£23k.Dependant on experience
- 17days paid annual leave + paid bank holidays + paid discretionary days between Christmas & New Year
- The hours required are 0800-1700 Mon to Thurs. 0800-1430 Friday.
- 2 tea breaks and 30 mins for lunch.
- Overtime usually available too.
- Free parking outside the workshop